5 key tips for wrapping up your goods safely !
1. Never use plastic sheets to cover your wooden furniture and leather chairs and sofas for storage. Wood and leather are living materials that need to breathe. Instead, opt for sheets, removal blankets or fitted fabric covers to protect your possessions. Don’t use plastic bags, use boxes. However, plastic sheets are perfectly suitable to protect your mattresses and bed bases.
2. Always leave your refrigerator door slightly open to avoid mould and unpleasant smells. Our tip: if you are storing household appliances for a long time, sprinkle some talc on the joints.
3. Protect your possessions with cardboard, and bubble wrap fragile objects like crockery. Use protection blankets on corners, sharp edges and the top of furniture to cushion bumps during transportation. You can then place other possessions high up.
Our tip: for your fragile items, opt for double-corrugated cardboard boxes.
4. Limit the weight of your boxes to 15/20 kg to make them easier to transport.
5. Lastly, don’t forget to mark your boxes indicating their content. This will make unpacking much easier.